Prev: Re: NAC Marines Next: Re: I survived GenCon!

Re: SG Genre

From: mechavar@a... (Miguel Echavaria)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 21:41:49 -0400
Subject: Re: SG Genre

I have yet to play my first game of SG2. A game is planned at a local
gaming
club for late next month, so I've started to organize a small force.
Since the
FT games are set in the provided [GZG] background, I'm setting up my
force to
fit in.

I plan to field a LLAR mercenary unit primarily concerned with
counter-insurgency work. The platoon equivalent that I hope to have in
place
looks like:

Command Squad: 4 men in partial combat armor, SMGs, vetrans.

Recon / Counter-Recon Squad: 6 men in partial combat armor, Assault
Rifles,
vetrans.

Fire Support Squad: 8 men in basic battle dress, various man portable
projectile weapons, regular

Sniper Squad: 4 men in basic battle dress, sniper rifles, vetrans

I still have to work out the exact weapon mixes and their stats, along
with
their mechanized transports. I think the Recon and Fire Support Squads
should
have IFVs, with an APC shared by the Command and Sniper Squads.

Miguel Echavarria
mech@arm.com

Prev: Re: NAC Marines Next: Re: I survived GenCon!