Prev: Euro GenCon Next: Re: Gen Con '97

Re: DSII scenario

From: Ludo Toen <Ludo.Toen@p...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 16:29:31 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII scenario

Drue Tucker wrote:

> Just watched 'A Bridge Too Far' last night (again) & was trying to
think of
> a way to run this in DSII. I would think some sort of campaign setting
> would be needed, but the scale of DSII seems wrong. At 1:1 you would
> need a boat-load of mini's - maybe 1:5 or so (one mini per platoon)?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Drue (wasting time and getting paid for it)

I finally found the time to check out some older mail and stumbled on
this one.

Tabletop Games (UK) have a few sets of rules called Corps Commander for
both WW2 and WW3. Every
figure represents a section or platoon of tanks/infantry. The figures
are mounted on bases on
which you mark the number of vehicles/squads in the platoon. When a
figure fires, it has as many
attacks as there are vehicles left in the platoon.

Ground scale is 10 cm to 1 km (modern) and 20 cm to 1 km (WW2). Bey bey
offboard arty.

The rules feature command and control, supply and then some.

With a system like this you could fight divisional level battles and
still represent every
vehicle.

Ludo

Prev: Euro GenCon Next: Re: Gen Con '97