Prev: SG Genre (repost) Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 00:25:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

At 10:26 PM 8/14/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Doesn't anyone go to Origins?!? Not that I've been to either, but I was
>toying with going to Origins next year...
>
>...and running some FT games...  :-}

Origins got some mixed reviews this year. It appeared to be heavily into
Magic: The Gathering, which touched off a Holy War on
rec.games.trading-cards.misc and rec.games.frp.misc.

Although I'd like to go to Origins, I can only go to one of the
"biggies"
each year and GenCon is it. I've got friends that prefer GenCon for the
roleplaying (and I happen to be a big Call of Cthulhu fan), but more
importantly, my wife prefers the roleplaying at GenCon.

If I was to go to any other con, my preference would be Historicon for
its
emphasis on miniatures.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: SG Genre (repost) Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW