Prev: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:24:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

At 11:53 AM 8/14/96 -0400, Rick Rutherford wrote:

>There were a few, but they were pretty hard to find.  The deals which
>I took advantage of were:
>
>1) Chessex was selling the Leading Edge Games figures for "Aliens",
>"Dracula" and "Terminator 2" at less than half price, so I picked up
>the two Aliens Colonial Marines sets for $12.00 each, and the Alien
>Queen and the Armored Personnel Carrier for $15.00 each.

Ah, the real deal here were the Leading Edge Living Steel figures. They
were
selling sets for $5. I'm planning on using them with SG2.

>2) Chessex Distribution was selling off a bunch of 25mm figure packs,
>15 packs for $5.00.  I found 5 packs of their old "Cybertech Marines"
>and filled out the other 10 packs with alien-looking monsters.

Those packs were by Metal Magic, a German company. I bought 15 sets of a
mixture of gangsters, female investigators, and police for Call of
Cthulhu.
These sets were a better buy than you might think. When I first priced
them,
the distributor stopped carrying them because they would have to sell
for
about US$3 each! I guess Chessex got stuck with them when all the stores
stopped carrying them. They aren't as nice a figure as the RAFM Call of
Cthulhu figures (the Metal Magic Deep Ones were particularly pitiful).
But I
was able to fill in some gaps in my gangster collection.

>I didn't like the Starblazers figures because they were awfully
>expensive for their size -- $6.95 for a 3-to-4-inch long skinny
>spaceship seems like too much to me.  The Traveller patrol cruisers
>(about the same size) are a much better deal.

Yeah, they seemed a bit pricey to me. I thought they were a good buy if
they
came PAINTED, though.

>Unfortunately, I missed seeing ANYONE from the mailing list!

Maybe next year we'll be more organized.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW Next: Re: Gone to GenCon