Prev: Re: Full Thrust Anime: Mecha Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

Re: SGII what genere do you play

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:52:16 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII what genere do you play

At 07:49 PM 8/13/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I've heard that SGII is, like all GZG games, very adaptible to other
>generes.  What generes do you play SGII in, your own, or a conversion
of
>other popular gameing universes?  Why not tell us about them.

Well, I have a lot of Games Workshop figures that I bought when WH40K
first
came out and I was working in a comic shop on weekends (and thus got
them at
40% off retail!). In particular, I have some Imperial Guard done as
mercs,
some Eldar that my wife painted, about 30 painted Squats, same number of
Orks, a set of unpainted Space Marines, about 40 painted Chaos Marines,
and
several dreadnoughts (human, ork, and eldar). I'll probably use these in
the
next little while.

However, I just bought (at GenCon) a number of Leading Edge Games
figures
for their Living Steel universe. The Neemis Enterprises set is generic
enough to fit anything. I also have 4 or 5 boxes of Starguild and Seven
Swords power armour, 4 sets of Dragoncrest armour, and a couple of sets
each
of Larden and another alien race (name escapes me right now).

I have a bunch of 15mm Traveller figures I'd like to use, but I only
have 1
of the old grav APCs and 3 grav tanks to use with them. Now if I could
only
find more 15mm vehicles...

I'm pretty much disenchanted with WH40K, but I have a bunch of figures
for
it already painted, so I'll probably use those right away to entice some
friends into SG2. After that, I intend to run a modified Living Steel
universe. LS is a good game, but it really only works with less than
about a
dozen figures a side. SG2 will let me play with forces a bit bigger than
that. It's modified because I'm using Kryomek resin grav tanks as
vehicles
(Leading Edge never released their Living Steel vehicle supplement)
along
with resin Kryomek buildings.

>What I want to know is how do you rate the GZG figures for SGII.
> Which of the nationalities do you like the most.  And what are the
comon
>paint schemes for them.

I saw the figures at GenCon. They look quite good. However, they seem to
be
true 25mm. This means that they will look odd beside WH40K or Warzone
figures. They should look just fine beside Leading Edge's Living Steel,
Terminator, and Aliens figures, as well as the Kryomek figures.

I personally like the Arab-based figures, although they all look quite
good.
I can't quite remember the painting schemes used. Pretty much anything
will
work in SF, though. If you want "realism" stick to some form of modern
3-colour or 4-colour camouflage. Don't be afraid to stick in "weird"
colours. For instance, do a modern US woodland cammo, but substitute
some
shade of purple for brown. I intend to paint my Neemis "amphicane corps"
in
urban cammo: essentially a 3-colour US woodland pattern in shades of
grey.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Anime: Mecha Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW