Prev: Re: cloaking device rules Next: Re: SGII what genere do you play

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:52:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

At 03:42 PM 8/12/96 EDT, you wrote:

>>the dealers room last year and it looked busier (though the dealers
room was
>>a bit smaller last year). There were many of the same dealers as last
year.

>The exhibitor room was larger than last year. The miniatures games were

>upstairs this year.

Yup. That's what I noticed. I liked the bigger dealer's room.

>Also, the reason most of them are the same is that most of
>them are manufacturers, not dealers.

That's not actually what I meant. I realize that the manufacturers are
the
same, but most of the DEALERS were also the same, bringing the same old
stuff. When I did notice something interesting, they weren't too bright
about what they brought. One place was selling 10mm Irregular Miniatures
army packs. He had a 10mm samurai army, something I'd been trying to
find
for a while. However, he only had ONE pack. One samurai army is pretty
useless. I asked if he had any more and he said that was all he had with
him. It's obvious that he just grabbed a few things that weren't selling
and
stuffed them in a box for GenCon. I'd have bought two if he had them,
but
one army was a little bit useless so I didn't buy any.

Also, as mentioned, there weren't as many deals this year as last.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: cloaking device rules Next: Re: SGII what genere do you play