Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

Re: Mark goes to GEN-CON

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 18:46:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Mark goes to GEN-CON

At 09:17 PM 8/12/96 -0600, Mark wrote:

>	I think next year I'll pre-register (it's cheaper) and sneak in
my own
>food and soda (3 BUCKS FOR A BLOODY COKE!!!).	That and I'll go for two
>days instead of one.  (You CAN'T see it all in one day!)

Hi, Mark. Sorry I missed you at the con! I agree about the cost of food.
bought one coke in the dealer's room for $4 (I got a cheap plastic glass
with it, which I made a point of keeping; for $4 I'm going to keep the
bloody glass!). After that I sneaked food and pop (soda in the US) into
the
con. Mind you, you really didn't have to try too hard to sneak the stuff
in.
A friend of mine (Martin) walked in with pop in his hand and no one
stopped
him.

Oh, by the way, my friend Chris says that it was good to meet you. Chris
isn't on the list (at least not yet) but he's playing in my PBEM game as
the
second Nipponese destroyer squadron commander. Chris was a last minute
fill-in when Leann decided she wasn't up to the con. Maybe I can
convince
him to go next year; he certainly had a good enough time.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW