Prev: Re: Full Thrust Anime: Mecha Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:33:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

>Having absolutely nothing better to do on my commute home, I was
>daydreaming about my Thoroughbred Miniatures ACW Ironclads, bemoaning
the
>fact that Excalibur's Ironclads rules are very chart intensive, and
>wondering if there was any way to make a simpler ironclad game.  Then
it
>hit me.... Not to long ago somebody posted wet navy rules for the
>Napoleonic era... why not for ACW....	After a bit of mulling, I took a

>mixture of statistics from Ironclads, added armor and size rules from
>Dirtside II, threshold and SSD rules from Full Thrust and Shazam....

>We played a brief scenario....  It seems to work....... If anyone is
>interested, I'll put the conversions and an ssd on my page.

>Larry Enoch

Yeah, I'm interested Larry. Put it up on you Web page and let's have a
look.
BTW have you seen "Hammerin' Iron" by Peter Pig (via Brookhurst Hobbies
in
the US, I think). Another jolly good set of rules for ACW ironclads.

Mike Elliott

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Anime: Mecha Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products