Prev: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross) Next: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)

RE: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)

From: Timothy Klaus <tklaus@m...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 21:59:13 -0400
Subject: RE: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)

----------
From:	mkwan@usa.pipeline.com (Michael Kwan)
Sent:	Sunday, August 11, 1996 12:22 AM
To:	"Earl R. Forsythe II" <73162.3521@CompuServe.COM>;
FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Subject:	Re: Proposal:  "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)

On Aug 10, 1996 17:56:59, '"Earl R. Forsythe II"
<73162.3521@CompuServe.COM>' wrote:

>>Well, I always thought it could use the limbs to shift its orientation
around

>>>its center of mass, allowing it to alter facing without expending
vernier
>fuel.
>>
>>Could it also be that the man-form can fire its main gun/autocannon
outside
>>the fixed forward arc?
>
>Well, so could a fighter with a turret.
>
>Ray

Oh, sure, come up with a reasonable and sensible answer.  I'd agree with
you; except, I'm having difficulty picturing, say, a F-14 Tomcat sized
space fighter with a large enough chin turret for a 20mm or 30mm rotary
cannon and still being aerodynamic enough for atmospheric flight.
--

Take a good look at the Hammerhead from Space:Above and Beyound.
and then picture a modified F/A - 18 and it can be converted. In fact
the design was tested in a wind tunnel but that was all the futher it
got due to funding.

T. Klaus

Prev: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross) Next: Re: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)