Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Re: Fleet Books

Re: Torpedoes

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 05:02:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

In message <Pine.ULT.3.91.960809165756.26286A-100000@essex.UCHSC.edu>
Binhan Lin wrote:

> Things tend to balance out if you pit two rules lawyers together.
Similar
> to the above case, there is "nothing in the rules" about making a
special
> hull carrier that is Mass 12, loading a single fighter bay and
throwing
> dozens of micro carriers into battle.

I've done something similar (but haven't yet had a chance to try out
the fleet) with a 'raider' fleet. Basically, nothing larger than
escort sized vessels, with the larger (mass 16/18) being carriers,
and using needle beams and EMP missiles.

It just seemed too good a use for my _Silent Death_ models...

> After this we instituted flak ships to make it more diffifult for
> fighter swarms

Presumably ships armed with lots of ADAFs/PDAFs?
We could have done with those in our last battle against the Kra-vak
(24 groups of heavy/long range/fast fighters - they made total mincemeat
of one of the human fleets in just a few turns).

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Re: Fleet Books