Prev: Re: Where can I find LotGH? Next: RE: Re:Painting Photos (Re: Assembling GZG FT Models)

Re: The Full Thrust Image Archive - A Proposal (longish)

From: beowulf1@a...
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 17:43:27 -0400
Subject: Re: The Full Thrust Image Archive - A Proposal (longish)

Bits snipped and pints sipped...

>Mathias Double <beowulf1@bu.edu> volunteered access to scanners but
>has no web space. He also said he would scan any pictures sent and
>forward them to the WWW site.

	Oh yeah, I did do that didn't I.

>The photographs then need to be mailed to Mathias Double who
>volunteered to scan them in. NOTE Mathias needs to give us his postal
>address.

	All right, but here's where we hit a bit of a snag. I'm moving
in a
couple of weeks and I won't be able to accept mail there for a bit. Not
until after Sept. 5th as a matter of fact. But if that's all right
here's
the adress:

	Box 3466
	610 Beacon Street
	Boston, MA 02215

>Scanning Ship Images
>====================
>He will scan them in at a sensible resolution (150 dpi) for final

	Sensible? Sorry, the scanners I've access to can only do silly
resolutions.

>display size and then format them to standard size (about 300x150
>pixels) and color maps range  (256 color ) GIF format
>and perform any image manipulation required - cropping, gamma
>correction  etc. He will also produce a thumbnail of each image
(100x75).

	Okay, first let me just admit that I'm not exactly an expert on
this
stuff, but I ought to be able to turn out what has been requested.

>He will enter the caption against each GIF in a file named after the
>image file (I hope all this is OK Mathias).

	Boy I hope so too.

>These will be compressed (zip) and sent to the target WWW site by MIME
>encoded  email (unless the site has ftp access).

	Last time I tried MIME encoding I got zinc oxide all over the
keyboard. Okay, I'll shut up now.

	But sure, yeah, sounds okay to me.

Other bits snipped...

>Tim Jones
>timj@uk.gdscorp.com

     -SlĂ inte mhath!

Mathias Doublé
beowulf1@bu.edu

Prev: Re: Where can I find LotGH? Next: RE: Re:Painting Photos (Re: Assembling GZG FT Models)