Prev: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: Assembling GZG FT Models

Reloading torpedo planes

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 01:11:36 -0400
Subject: Reloading torpedo planes

I've been thinking about what ordinance torpedo planes carry and how to
reload them. I previously posted that question and got answers ranging
from
one turn to reload to they can't be reloaded. I think I've come up with
good system for reloading them--let me know what you think.

Since the "torpedo" torpedo planes carry fire and damage targets just
like
pulse torps, it is logical to assume that they otherwise work similarly
pulse torps. A pulse torp takes up five space and can fire once per
turn. A
fighter bay has six mass, so we can assume that the facility for
reloading
fighter torpedoes can likewise generate (at most) one fighter torpedo
per
turn. Prior to combat, these torpedoes are loaded by the ship into some
sort
of storage facility in the fighter bay. (I can't believe that you would
run
around the universe with armed torpedoes in the bay.) On the first turn
of
combat, these torpedoes are loaded onto their torpedo planes. Beginning
with
the second turn, the fighter bay generates one fighter torpedo per turn.
When (ahem, if...) the torpedo planes return, it takes one full turn to
reload any available fighter torpedoes in the bay. To reload the
fighters'
endurance would take a second complete turn aboard the carrier.

So what do you think?

James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Gone to GenCon Next: Re: Assembling GZG FT Models