Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Gone to GenCon

Re: SW v. Kurasowa

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 23:48:16 -0400
Subject: Re: SW v. Kurasowa

At 11:21 AM 8/6/96 GMT, you wrote:

>Let's face it, Star Wars is one of the great manifestations of, well,
>I'm sure there's a name it for it, I'd have to check some works by
>Joseph Campbell, let's call it the Archetypical Hero Story.

Gee, and I thought it was space opera. :)

>There's a part of me that says the best way to re-edit the SW
>trilogy is to ditch the second two films. Star Wars as a stand-
>alone film is perfect. I never bought into that "It was all planned
>as a trilogy of trilogies" rubbish.

I'm sorry David, but Star Wars was FAR from perfect (and this coming
from
someone who saw it 6 times that first summer, twice the first day). It
is
enjoyable, but I can't help but cringe at some of the dialog. "Lord
Vader,
only you could be so bold." Yuch! The dialog is quite cheesy in many
places.
And there are huge horking plot holes. I really enjoy the movie, and it
IS a
classic by anyone's definition, but perfect it is not.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Gone to GenCon