Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Re: Assembling GZG FT Models

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 13:52:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Paul A Neher wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Aug 1996 14:54:11 -0600 "Edventures/Ideas Developer - Adam
> Dixon" <adixon@pcsedu.com> writes:
>
> >Looking back, the movement of the fightres in ANH do have a WWII kind

> >of feel, not at all like in RoTJ...	I always thought that they
looked
> >kinda un-space like, with big long turns and lots of real smooth
> >movemenet...  not at all like the erratic flying style needed to
> >survive in most Space Combat Sims.
>
> If you want a real cool game that gives that feel of fighter combat,
try
> finding a copy of Star Warriors by West End Games. It is excellent!

I strongly disagree. Sure, it tells you the difference between the
different fighters... but I don't think it's excellent, in the same way
that I don't think Car Wars is an excellent car combat game - a game
turn, depicting a very short period of time, takes a rather long time to

play. Too long, IMO.

Of course, I haven't seen any other fighter games, so I can't point you
at anything better :(

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Re: Assembling GZG FT Models