Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:51:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

>   It was more the heroic efforts of Bilbo and Frodo to defeat, in
> turn, one of the most terrifying creatures ever invented and a close
> relative of God (the evil side of the family) that seemed a little far
> fetched to me.  But honestly it's not Tolkien that bothers me as much
> as the copycat authors (what, maybe 50% of what's on the fantasy
> bookshelves now) who felt compelled to retell the "boy becomes a man
> and saves the world along the way" story.  I am really sick of that
> story and I wish somebody would tell something else.	I tend to be

Heh, heh, touche there.  My personal pet peeve is "boy goes back in time

to King Arthur's court and saves the world despite the lack of any
special
skills whatsoever."  I have to confess I couldn't even get through the
first fifty pages of the Covenant series because of this (I think it was

the Covenant series...it was a long time ago).

Prev: Re: SW v. Kurasowa Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...