Prev: Where can I find LotGH? Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Re: Where can I find LotGH?

From: mkwan@u... (Michael Kwan)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 02:10:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Where can I find LotGH?

On Aug 03, 1996 20:43:12, '"Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>'
wrote:

>However, many
>of you (as well as the More Thrust book) suggested the "Legends of the
>Galactic Heros" series.  I would like to know how I could get a hold of

>a copy (or copies)?

Unfortunately, Mark, to the best of my knowledge, "Legends of the
Galactic Heroes" has never been officially released here in the US.
Your only hope would be to get a copy of the Japan released video-
cassettes.  Of course, these might not be too enjoyable if you don't
speak Japanese yourself.  I know that some people in the US, and
at least one business, have dubbed copies of the originals and
added their own subtitles.  As you can expect, the quality varies
greatly.

Anyway, if you're at Gen Con check throughout the dealer's rooms.
There will probably be someone selling anime.

For more LoGH info, look at:

Legend of Galactic Heroes at
http://looney.physics.sunysb.edu/~daffy/LoGH.html

-or-

Legend of the Galactic Heroes WWW Info Center at
http://wwwhost.cc.utexas.edu/ftp/student/anime/
utanime/amos/.LGH/logh.html

The second site has some great .jgp images, including a whole
section devoted to battle shots.  There are also music and sound
bites, along with a couple animations from the shows, scripts, and
plot synopses.	I'm still exploring the Info Center.

--

Michael Kwan
mkwan@usa.pipeline.com
mkwan@pipeline.com

Prev: Where can I find LotGH? Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...