Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Computer Campaign Helper...

Interface Vehicles in DS & FT

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 16:21:08 -0400
Subject: Interface Vehicles in DS & FT

I've got an idea I wanna try in Dirt Side (maybe with Full Thrust
tied in?) which is definitely not from Star Wars or Anime (so can
I talk about it here? <g>).

What I wanna do: Dirt Side game with the goal of a besieged force
needing to extract all of it's troops on Drop Ships/Assault Shuttles/
Whatever, before overwhelming opposition arrives on the table. (OK,
so maybe the beginning of ESB is similar, but I won't allow examples
of that most silly of futuristic combat - walkers.)

ANyway, the DirtSide rules recommend against, and don't seem to
provide a way of, designing largish vehicles such as the drop ships
and shuttles. I don't want to simply say they're impervious to ground
fire, or have to make up some other ad hoc rule. I'd rather try to
assign appropriate capabilities and costs.

Any suggestions? If they can ties in with chances to blow the transports
apart in aerospace combat, or space combat in Full Thrust, it's a plus.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Computer Campaign Helper...