Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?

Re: Stargrunt question

From: CNCALD@c...
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 16:33:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt question

     Interesting question.  In the "real world" the hostile unit would
not
     know that all the people in the building were actually from two
     separate organizations.  They would blaze away at windows,doors,
     whatever to try and suppress those inside.

     So, two solutions suggest themselves:

     1) Dice for it.  This represents a commander noticing the glint of
     metal off of one unit or one of the hostiles looking over the wall
and
     thus attracting attention, or simply the commander saying "fire at
the
     first/second floor! fire at the left/right side of the wall!".

     2) With the caveat that SG is on order for me  but I am assuming
they
     use the DS2 system of activations: If one of the units has
activated I
     would make that the target on the justification that that unit has
     attracted attention to itself my moving or firing.  If both have
     activated then I would give the shooting unit's player the choice
     because the activation of each unit has given the shooting unit's
     commander a chance (whatever small) to assess the combat abilities
of
     the hostiles, either by watching them move or fire.

     Enjoyed the report and pictures!

     Nick Caldwell
     cncald@aol.com

_________________________________
Subject: Stargrunt question
Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
Date:	 7/31/96 1:14 PM

Hello....

Played a stargrunt game last week, (pictures at
http://www.iglobal.net/pub/lenoch) and we came up with a question:

If two friendly units are in the same cover (say a building), how does a
hostile unit decide which to fire at.  Does this still boil down to
"greatest threat"?

Any help appreciated.

Larry

----
Larry Enoch			   |"Any opinions expressed are my own"
____

Prev: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it? Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?