Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:00:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:02:40 -0400 SGibson260@aol.com writes:

>As part of the 'master plan' for the Star Wars universe (don't you
>love corporate universes?), ERTL and ?MCE? are planning to rerelease
all
of
>the plastic models before the next movie comes out.  So I wouldn't
spend
>lot on any of the old model kits.

Before the next movie comes out? Gee ... which release date would that
be? Before 1990? before 1995? Before 1997? Before the year 2000? Don't
get me wrong, I was raised on Star Wars and am not ashamed to admit
adicted to it. However, one thing I have learned is to not hold my
breath waiting for the next flick to come out.	The above mentioned
release dates were/are form Lucasfilm ... since then the Indiana Jones
trilogy has been done, not to mention Willow, and a score of others ....
now we hear that Lucasfilm will re-release the entire first trilogy with
a whopping 5-10 extra minutes of refilmed scenes .... AND Lucas'
creative genious has shown up in the stores in the form of a new novel
that is a sequal series to the Willow story set 15 years later. Anywho,
I am rambling. My point is, I am playing with the models NOW, and
waiting for the next release of a Star wars movie won't help.  *sigh*

Paul

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Yamato: Why did I watch it?