Prev: Traveller Ships Next: Re: Minatures

Re: Traveller Ships

From: "Reginald Rutherford IV" <rickr@d...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 14:47:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller Ships

>	  Has anyone out there purchased the Modular Clipper from
> Rafm's Traveller line?  I picked it up the other day when I
> realized, rather belatedly, that since GDW was now gone, the
> Traveller ships probably were too.  In any case, does anyone know how
> the damn thing goes together?  I bought both of the seperate module
> packs, and they don't seem to actually attach to anything.  Anyone
have
> a clue?

I got one of those about a year ago, and I ended up with the "bridge"
section connected to the "engines" section by a long 2-part "boom":

					   ____________
		 __________________________|	      |
  _______________|	      | 	   |	      |
 /   "Bridge"	 |   "Boom"   |   "Boom"   | "Engines"|
 \_______________|	      | 	   |	      |
		 |____________|____________|	      |
					   |__________|

After I got those four pieces together, I attatched all the little
modular bits along the boom, especially to cover up the seam in the
middle of the 2 pieces.  When I was done, I was pretty unhappy with it
because my modeling skills aren't what I'd like them to be, and the
model didn't look as neat and trim as I had imagined it.  Also, the
fact that the Cutter pack and two Module packs cost around $20.00 was
frustrating -- I could have bought two Capital-class models from GZG
for the same price!  I console myself with the thought that this is
going to me one of those rare spaceship models that everyone is going
to be trying to collect 10 years from now, like the old Superior
minis, because nobody would buy it when it was available.

By the way, RAFM is still going to be producing Traveller spaceships
for the time being -- they're still selling regardless of GDW's going
out of business, so RAFM isn't dropping the line yet.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Traveller Ships Next: Re: Minatures