Prev: How do I unsubscribe? Next: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Minatures

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 23:12:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

At 06:27 AM 7/25/96 +7516517, you wrote:

>You do give them a base coat, don't you? I've noticed that plastic
minis
>always require a nase coating before the actual paint. Also, it might
be
>a good idea to wash/soak them in warm water with some dish-washing
>liquid. This helps to get rid of possible residue of the stuff they use

>in the molds to keep the plastic from sticking.

Oh, definitely. I spray them with a fixitive (the stuff used by artists
coat canvasses), then I prime them, then I paint them. Finally, I spray
them
with the fixitive a second time. This makes them harder, less flexible,
and
protects the paint.

>	This brings up another thing I've been meaning to ask from
people
>on this group. What sort of paint schemes do you people usually use on
>your ships?

Depends on the ships. I like colourful "camouflage" patterns, such as a
white base with ruby squiggles, or blue and green squiggles on white.
I've
also painted ships multiple colours with the engines in a contrasting
colour
to the hull. Other ships are painted an overall dark colour (black, dark
grey) with colourful "fins" or engine mounts. Depends on my mood.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: How do I unsubscribe? Next: Star Wars Full Thrust