Prev: Re: Minatures Painting.... Next: RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

From: Jerry Han <jerry@u...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:56:25 -0400
Subject: Re: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

David Brewer wrote:
> > Ever tried shooting out to the side form a rotating ship? Gunners
might
> > start getting a bit giddy after a few minutes...
> > Also, the further away from the hull you can take the rotating part,
the
> > slower it will have to rotate. Using this sort of artificial gravity

> > during a battle, however, is stupid.
>
> My physics being awfully rusty... wouldn't a rotating (fully- or
> partially-) ship be this great big gyroscope? Wouldn't that make
> it behave in really strange ways?
>
> Somebody with a clue please tell me how right/wrong I am.

It shouldn't be a problem.  If the ship is rotating, then pitch/yaw
won't
be as easy as it would be as if the ship wasn't rotating, but it
shouldn't
be a problem.

(If I were at school, I'd have my physics textbook with me.  But since
I'm
working, I'm not.  In any case, I still have to analyze the physical
characteristics of a Starfury.	(8-) )

J.

--
     Jerry Han - Network Engineering - UUNET Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
	http://www.uunet.ca/~jerry -  email:jerry@uunet.ca - TBFTGOGGI

Prev: Re: Minatures Painting.... Next: RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)