Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: What do your ships look like?

RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:26:22 -0400
Subject: RE: What do your ships look like? (was: Minatures)

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Adam Delafield wrote:

> Date sent:  25-JUL-1996 08:42:19
>
> I've never seen the sense in this. Why not simply rotate the whole
damn ship?
> No pivots to worry about then.

Ever tried shooting out to the side form a rotating ship? Gunners might
start getting a bit giddy after a few minutes...
Also, the further away from the hull you can take the rotating part, the

slower it will have to rotate. Using this sort of artificial gravity
during a battle, however, is stupid. A malfunction will put the whole
bridge into disarray. If a ship enters combat already at zero-G, this is

one less thing to worry about during a battle. A rotating section would
probably have the accommodation for the crew, so they'd get normal (or
at
least partial) G during sleep, and would thus be empty during battle.

> | Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	| Bolton Institute,  |

			Niko "GNiko" Mikkanen
	creator@cute.cute.fi  WWW-Homepage under construction
			...So is my .sig....

---Wooo!!! My .sig finally works! Had to change mailprogs, though...

Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: What do your ships look like?