Prev: Role-Playing in a FT game... Next: RE: Minatures

Re: Traveller

From: Michael Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 00:11:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller

Don't forget that in Full Thrust, half of the ships mass is allocated
for
drives and crew quarters.

Manuever Drives, Fuel, Crew	25%
FTL Drive			25%
Discretionary Space		50%

Does anyone else want to run the calculations to determine the similar
numbers for Traveller capital ships ? Comparing the design assumptions
of
the two games would provide a useful reference for a conversion effort.

I am assuming the following weapons are available:  Lasers, Particle
Accelerators, Meson Guns, Sandcasters, Det-laser missiles, and all of
the
screens. I am eliminating tech levels by considering only TL14 and TL15
ships (Imperium, Zhodani, Solomani, NO CARRIER damn... ok log back in...

and most of the other major races (including the Aslan). That puts
everyone on a level playing field.

More as I do it...

Michael Carter Llaneza		 To Hell With Senator Exxon !!
Conceptual Design Services	 The Worse it gets,
Duty Now For The Future 	 The more I get used to it
Veteran of the Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force 1990-1951

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Mike Miserendino wrote:

> Mike Elliott wrote:
> >True, Joe, but who's to say that 1 ton in the "official FT" universe
is the
> >same as 1 ton in the "Traveller" universe, or any other universe for
that
> >matter? What I mean by "ton" (tonne?) may not be what you (or Marc
Miller)