Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: Fighters and all...

An appeal for help.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:57:11 -0400
Subject: An appeal for help.

>Try running a demo game at a local game\hobby store to get interest.
We
>discussed this not too long ago.  If your interested, I could send you
>copy regarding running a demo game.

	I'm going to be running a FT demo game at a local Science
Fiction
convention in November.  If there is any kind of material that would be
helpful, I'd appreciate it.  I need all the help I can get....
	The Scenario, as it stands, has one side recovering a HUGE ship
(a
really old superior model--six inches long) and trying to get it off the
board through an asteroid field with the help of a number of escorts.
The
other side, not surprisingly, wants to prevent this.  When the game
begins,
the ship will have most of it's systems powered down, as it has spent
the
past several centuries sitting in orbit around an uninhabited planet.
The
ship will have a chance to bring up to two systems on line each turn,
and
can double their chances of success by applying both attempts to the
same
system.  It should prevent the ship from being too devastating.  Here
are
the stats, with the function systems being marked with asterixs.

Class Name: Juggernaut
Ship Name: Juggernaut
Ship Type: Super
Creator: John Crimmins

Ship Mass: 250
Ship Cost: 2264

Damage Points: 125
Damage Breakdown
Damage Row: 1-15
Damage Row: 2-15
Damage Row: 3-15
Damage Row: 4-16
Damage Row: 5-16
Damage Row: 6-16
Damage Row: 7-16
Damage Row: 8-16

FTL Drive
*Drive Thrust: 2 (One at start of game)
*Fire Control System: 6 (Two at start of game)

Weapon Systems
*A Battery - 3 Arc: 9 (3 Functioning at start of game)
*B Battery - 3 Arc: 10 (5 Functioning at start of game)
*AA Megabattery - 1 Arc: 4 (1 Functioning at start of game)
*Fighter Group: 4 (Only enough pilots available for two Groups)

Secondary Systems
*Shield Systems: 3 (One at start of game)
*Point Defense System: 4 (One at start of game)
*Area Defense System: 4 (One at start of game)
Enhanced Sensor System
Individual ECM System
Extra Fire Control System: 2
Damage Control Party: 2

	I'm a little new at this, as you may be able to tell.  I've
played
the game, though not as recently as I would like, and am not entirely
sure
about how workable this scenario seems to others.  If anyone wants to
know
the background of the scenario, please just ask me.  It's a litle long
to go
into unsolicited.  I know the ship is grotesque; it's meant to be.  You
can
see why I don't want it fully functional as the game begins.  Any/all
suggestions would be appreciated.  As I said, I need all the help I can
get....

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Minatures Next: Re: Fighters and all...