Prev: Re: "Honor Harrington" books Next: RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!

Re: Traveller

From: Joe A Troche <jtroche@c...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:12:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller

Cool idea Robin,

	However, the firepower of a mass 30 FT ship relative to a mass
80
FT ship is not equivalent to a Crusier class 15000 ton ship versus a
Light Carrier(60000 Ton).  Still the outcome is the same when these two
antagonists meet.

	I believe Mike's 50 tons per mass point is, OK.  But I was
trying
to find a "true" conversion so I could use the FT combat system is FRP
that need more detail (cargo space and such) not so I could drag
starships from other games into FT.  When Mike gave us the cargo space
requirements for troops and equipment in more thrust, whether he likes
it
or not, he gave us the conversion factor.  I just crunched the numbers.

Joe A. Troche
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~jtroche

Prev: Re: "Honor Harrington" books Next: RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock!