Prev: Re: Dirtside II points Next: Re: Planet 'Terrain'

Re: Dirtside II points

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 01:20:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Dirtside II points

On Thu, 18 Jul 96 14:35:30 CDT jjm@zycor.lgc.com (johnjmedway) writes:

>1. The mortars were behind obscuring woods, so they couldn't
>   use direct fire.
>2. Their commander was at the woods edge and could see the target.
>3. The arty falls in the activation following the observation.
>4. The act of observation counts as the activation for that unit,
>   hence they do not have another activation to spend on delivering
>   the munitions.
>>
>Ways of handling this problem:
>
>1. Make observation not an action, so the chit can be placed in
>another unit's activation. (Feels odd, but may be workable)
>2. Bring IF artillery called in by the unit's commander down
>immediately, rather than on the next activation. (Makes arty pretty
butch)

I guess knowing modern military, it has just never been an issue for me.
The lag also is attributed to unit orginization. If artillery is in
support, it takes longer or maybe won't come at all. If it's attached,
you get it when your in priority. But if it's INTEGRAL, it's on the way
ASAFP.

I can see your delimna though ... but I think I would still allow it.

Paul

Prev: Re: Dirtside II points Next: Re: Planet 'Terrain'