Prev: RE: Space Fleet Next: Re: Fighters ...how does that go again.

Re: The Atlantic Class MEGASHIP

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 12:39:10 -0400
Subject: Re: The Atlantic Class MEGASHIP

Mark Seifert wrote:
>Boo Boo The Fool (that's my sister's pet name for me) cleaned out his
>E-Mail inbox with all the Traveller stuff still in it.
>
>BAD BOO BOO! BAD BOO BOO!!!
>
>Could someone please send Boo Boo the Atalantic Class CA design.  Boo
>Boo would like. [Gollum] The Precious would like very much! [Gollum]
>(Opps...wrong character.)

Here ya go...

Mike Elliott wrote:

Taking previous posts into account, and rounding out the Traveller
weapons/systems:

Treat Sandcasters and Repulsors as PDAF (with anti Missile capability as
in
MT)
Treat Nuclear Dampers as PDAF but effective only against normal missiles

(not EMP or Needle
missiles), but most ships have so many sandcasters that these can
probably
be ignored.
Lasers and other turreted weapons can be used as anti missile (see MT
p5)

So here's the Atlantic Class Heavy Cruiser in FT terms:

MEGASHIP (75,000 tons)		150 Mega Mass

75 Mega Mass available for Weapons and Systems.

				MMASS	COST
Hull				-	 3000
FTL Drive			-	 1500
Thrust -5			-	15000
1 Factor-N Meson Gun		19	  570
6 * 3-arc A batteries		 1.8	   78	(particle accelerators)
21 *1-arc Mega C batteries	21	  630	(laser turrets)
3 * Mega Missile		 6	  180
16 * Mega PDAF			16	  480	(sandcaster turrets)
1 * Factor-6 Meson Screen	 6	  180

TOTAL				69.8	21618

Mike Miserendino

Prev: RE: Space Fleet Next: Re: Fighters ...how does that go again.