Prev: RE: Mailing List Up? Next: Re: More Rules Questions

Re: Rules Questions

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:25:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Rules Questions

<< Okay...I just got back from our first game of Full Thrust and we have
few
 questions...

 1. Is it just us or are missiles frighteningly effective? Jerry Han
made
some
 reference to an "Aegis" system to shoot missiles down...how does that
work
 again?

The Aegis system we use is a dedicated defensive firecontrol (Aegis FC)
which
costs 15 points, and may either replace an existing FC (no mass used) or
be
added on (3 mass).  The system gives a +1 to all fighter and missile
intercept rolls by ADAF on the aegis ship.
Missiles are pretty nasty, but are managable if you provide your ships
with
adequate protection and fly as fast as you can and still maneuver.

 2. Can fighters engage missiles?

Like many groups out there, we allow interceptors to engage missiles.

 3. How does Wave Gun charging work? If you roll a 6 straight out can
you
 fire the Wave Gun that turn? If you roll a 6 the next turn (it happened
both
 turns!!) can you fire the Wave Gun that turn too?

That's how we handle it.

 And just because we can't figure them out...

 4. How do you balance Kra'vak forces vs. Human ones?

 5. And how do you figure out what's a fair force for the Sa'Vasku?

Good Questions, no answers.  Trial and Error (heavy on error).

 James >>

Prev: RE: Mailing List Up? Next: Re: More Rules Questions