Prev: Thoughts regarding Traveller Next: Re: Gen-Con / Tuffley Visit

Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...

From: WENMESS@a...
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 13:37:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell...

In a message dated 96-07-12 03:58:13 EDT, A. Delafield wrote:

>>You know, although the battle pod idea would work extremely well in a
>>game, what self respecting FT gamer would use them?  And what SANE FT
>>gamer would PLAY someone who was using them???  :)
>
>>Adam (ADixon)
>
>I would. I ran this through last night.
  <snip>
>Another example of good on paper but crap in practice?

There's a time and a place for everything. Consider dumping a planet of
battlepod users into a campaign as an NPC planet. Picture a low-tech
world
fielding not much more than space shuttles with missle packs. The
players
have to defeat this cloud of gnats before the world can be claimed. The
NPC
swarm player could try to hide in the shadow of the planet until the
attacking player closed enough for the swarm to be effective (or perhaps
be
scrambled from ground bases ??). Perhaps a treaty could be negotiated
with
the NPC swarm providing the guts for a player provided battlerider
tender?

OK, the swarm may not be much more than aggressive terrain to most
players,
but use some imagination! There is a time and a place for everything!

Mike Messenger
wenmess@aol.com

Prev: Thoughts regarding Traveller Next: Re: Gen-Con / Tuffley Visit