Prev: Re: Next: Re: Campaign settings

From: mllaneza@s...
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:15:50 -0400

XCongress-Bonehead bastards
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: mllaneza@sfsu.edu (Michael Carter Llaneza)
Subject: Re:Traveller conversions

At 10:03 AM 7/9/96, Mike Miserendino wrote:
> Michael Carter Llaneza wrote:
> >   I'm very interested in this. I've been unhappy with both Battle
> >Rider and Brilliant Lances. I agree completely with the design
> >theory/philosophy of both games, I just think the rules development
> >needed a lot of work. Since I like  Full Thrust a lot, I think a
> >conversion is the right solution.
> :
> >    Anyone else have a thought ?
>
> I am very interested in helping with this conversion as well.  I am
also a
> big fan of Traveller and started some conversions for FT a while ago.
> started with some ideas for using battle riders and jump tenders in a
> campaign setting. I am still working on mass conversions as well.  I
>thought
> about using plasma and fusion guns as shorter range beam batteries
>with more
> punch.  I have other	ideas as well.	If I can find my listings, I'll
post
> them later this week.
>

> Mike Miserendino

OK, I'll work with anybody... :-)

What approach would work best ?

A) Build something big with lots of A-batteries and a Nova Gun and call
it a Tigress-class DN.

B) Create new weaponry and equipment and rebuild Traveller ships as
necessary. If so, how do we allow for the flexibility of FF&S without
going nuts ?

C) Do B) above and instead keep an emphasis on converting rather than
redesigning Traveller designs.

D) Make a careful analysis of either High Guard, Battle Rider or both
and try and maintain the spirit of the source material.

E) other.

Just to help keep perspective on things...
Supplement 9
Fighting Ships
Kokirrak-class Dreadnaught
200,000 tons
330 Particle accelerators
50 medium missile bays
200 laser turrets

Thats an awful lot of dice to roll... High Guard allows individual
weapons to be combined into batteries of considerable power, even so
this ship has 33 particle accelerator batteries. Thats not as many
dice, but still a lot. And its not the largest ship the Imperium has.

Should there be a FT rule for combining similar weapons or should a
large battery just be a single large weapon in FT designs ?

Tech levels from Traveller could also be a sticky issue. I won't get
into those yet.

Any other thoughts ?

Michael Carter Llaneza
Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.
http://www.hypnotic.com/
Down, not across

Prev: Re: Next: Re: Campaign settings