Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: Re: Starting a Demo?

Re: Starting a Demo?

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:44:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Starting a Demo?

Several people have suggested using Star Trek or Star Wars as backrounds
because they're both familiar. I've never run a demo game, but it seems
to me
that SW might be better than ST.  Trek ships, weapons, etc. all behave
differently from standard FT, and there are a lot of Trek-fanatics out
there
(no offense intended) who might be apt to dismiss FT as being a poor
Trek
simulation. (ie -- "shields don't act like that," or "why can't I do
this
maneuver when Picard did it in such-and-such episode" and so on.) Has
anyone
experienced this?

Scott Field

------

Kryten -- “You would gamble your safety for a mere android? Is this the
human
value		    you call ... friendship?”
Lister --  “Don’t give me the Star Trek crap, it’s too early in the
morning.”
							     _Red Dwarf_

Prev: Re: Starting a Demo? Next: Re: Starting a Demo?