Prev: R.E.: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Starting a Demo?

RE: R.E.: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

From: "Geoffrey Stewart" <Geoffrey_Stewart@u...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 23:00:53 -0400
Subject: RE: R.E.: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

** Recipe for Seaweed Sa'vasku **

The main ingredient is dried seaweed of a kind commonely found washed up
on
Australian beaches. It is the kind with the tappered ellipsoidal
floatation
pods, ranging up to 1" in length. Gather as much sun dried weed as
possible.
Take a handfull of pods of various sizes, and  bit of dried weed and
toss them
into a small plastic oven bag, and pour in some PVA wood glue. The whole
mass
sticks together and can be roughly shaped as desired. Hang the bags
somewhere
with the tops open,  each day peel away a bit of plastic to expose more
of the
mass to the air, it will take about a week to dry. Some plastic may
stick to
the mass, never mind, this just enhances the appearance. Once the mass
has
dried, mount it on a base as normal. There may be indentations between
the
pods, these can be filled with PVA or left, as desired. Once everything
is
dry, go wild with the paints! I've painted mine all kinds of colours,
and ink
washses flow into all the gaps and really engance the look. Once this is
done,
paint them high gloss, the resulting models look really organic! I've
made
half a dozen, ranging from littluns about 2" long to bigguns about 4"
long.
I've also used individual pods as small ships or fighters. The final
result is
very effective, and costs virtually nothing!

Cheers
Geoffrey
_______
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk on Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:08 PM
Subject: R.E.: Sa'Vasku Miniatures
RFC Header:Received: by uow.edu.au with SMTP;2 Jul 1996 12:08:04 +1000
Sender: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 11:59:54 +1000 (EST)
From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@qut.edu.au>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

Umm....I feel like a bit of a twit asking this again, but.....

The computer system here recently had a hissy-fit and wiped all my saved
mail.  So could whoever it was who gave that REALLY cool idea of how to
make Sa'Vasku ships from sea pods and seaweed please send a post to the
list or to me again with the instructions please!

Thanks!
-Kelvin Henderson

Prev: R.E.: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Starting a Demo?