Prev: DSII Scenario sources - was Re: points values & balance Next: Re: DEXCON 5 Announcement.

RE: Kra'vak

From: Evan Powles <epowles@p...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 18:49:07 -0400
Subject: RE: Kra'vak

> I made a rules modification for the Babylon 5 universe that is very
similar to
>this line of thinking. The idea is that B5 vessels have 'defense grids'
or
>'interceptors' which can intercept incoming weapons fire (beam
weapons), and
>reduce it somewhat. My take on this was to have *pairs* of PDAFs
operate as a
>level of shielding. Thus 1 pair of PDAFs would be considered equivalent
>Level 1 shields, 2 pairs of PDAFs would be equivalent to Level 2
shields, and 3
>pairs (if you have that many!) are equivalent to Level 3 shields.

Being more than a year behind the Americans and Brits on this list my
opinions
on B5 are probably not all that meaningful, but looking at my Voice in
the
Wilderness tape it seems clear that Hyperion has two types of battery,
the
"big guns" in a fixed mount forward and five twin turrets which are used
both to intercept incoming fire and against ships.

Prev: DSII Scenario sources - was Re: points values & balance Next: Re: DEXCON 5 Announcement.