Prev: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas Next: Looking for GZG products in England

Re: New FT Gamer

From: Kyle Klingler <kklinglr@f...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 01:05:37 -0400
Subject: Re: New FT Gamer

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Charles Thumann wrote:

> > filmed movies... Anime, though, has a bunch, as GZG pointed out in
More
> > Thrust.  Gunbuster isn't that good for "organized" actions, as you
never
> > get a fleet composition for the human forces and they tend to get
their
> > butts whupped good anyway.	Haven't seen LoGH, so I can't comment...
oh,
> > Legend of the Galactic Heroes.  Er... there are a bunch of battles
with

I've seen the Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie and if you like
battles
involving thousands of ships on each side fighting, then watch this
movie
if you get the chance.	I also recommend it for people who like 3D space
battles as the ships have shields only to the front and are vulnerable
attacks from other directions.

If people are interested I can give you specific Yamato movies to watch
for good space battles.  The Final Yamato movie has an interesting scene
where the Yamato goes into a barrel roll and flies through the enemy
fleet, firing its cannon and destroying ship after ship.

> > mecha, if you want to classify them in terms of starships... which,
for
> > some of 'em, wouldn't be far off.  One very nifty scene, in Gundam
0083,
> > had one of the big suits [can't recall the name, Gato's I think, if
> > you've seen it] fly up to a destroyer [the suit was considerably
> > bigger], plant its main cannon on the bridge, and fire.  Very nifty
> > maneuver. ^_^
>
> Inspired by the SDF (I think that's what the Starship was called) in
the
> series Robotech, I've been toying with the idea of using Battletech
> miniatures to represent Starships in Full Thrust.  They would
represent
> HUGE robots, the Assault and Heavy 'Mechs representing Capital ships,
> Medium Mechs representing Cruisers, and Light Mechs representing
> escorts.  Then I'd use the plastic Space Marine 6mm powered infantry
> from GW as Fighter Groups.  Never actually translated the thought from
my
> head to the game though...

*  Kyle Klingler - kklinglr@freenet.columbus.oh.us  "I'm not dumb.   *
* I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."  Calvin  *
*   "I have the strength of madness."  Miaowara Shiro		     *

Prev: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas Next: Looking for GZG products in England