Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas

Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 00:22:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

Excerpts from FT: 27-Jun-96 Sa'Vasku Miniatures by Kelvin
Henderson@qut.edu
> Can anyone tell me who makes GOOD bioships to use as Sa'Vasku ships!!

Dunno, but from the look of the little pictures [ship status sheet,
whatever] you need something lumpy. ^_-

[Of course, the Earth ships look *nothing* like their status sheets,
so... j/k. ^_^ ]

[snip]
> Does GW (oh no!! I've said "that" name :-) ) still do the Tyranid
ships
> through mail-order and how much are they?

Yes, they still sell the Tyranid metal [only kind, actually] through
mail order.  But you'll have to pay full price -- probably 5+ pounds per
blister.  [About 1.5 dollars in a pound.]

And, actually, I'm not sure if you'd want to use them... the minis
aren't all that impressive for the bugs, IMO.  But if you want to get a
look at their pictures, point a [graphical] web browser to
"http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/at2u/sf-hive.html"; I finally got
the Hive Fleet page done.  The paint jobs 'Eavy Metal did on the Tyranid
ships is... less than impressive, IMO [I *hate* the Hive Ship, it just
looks *really* stoopid] but it'll give you a feel for what the ships
look like, and a name to ask for if you do decide to order.

Later,

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas