Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)

Re: New FT Gamer

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:14:39 -0400
Subject: Re: New FT Gamer

Date sent:  26-JUN-1996 14:02:57

>>Yes, I must agree that Full Thrust is excellent. You ought to pick up
More
>>Thrust as soon as you can.

>>Unfortunately, you're getting yourself into an amazingly addictive
game. ;-)

>>It's my experience that campaigns are only as successful as the people
>>playing them. The rules might be great, but if all your gamin' buddies
are
>>flakes, it'll never fly.

>>Later,
>>schoon@aimnet.com

I usually attribute good ideas to their originator. Unfortunately this
time
I have to attribute this good idea to a group of 13 year old GW
groupies!

Have you ever seen HOTT? This has an incredibly simple campaign system.
These lads were using this system to simulate STAR SYSTEMS. So the map
would look something like this in a three player campaign;

				  1
				 / \
			       /     \
			     1	       1
			   /  \       /  \
			 /	\   /	   \
		       2	  1	     3
		     /	 \	 / \	   /   \
		   /	   \   /     \	 /	 \
		  2--------- 2 ------- 3 -------- 3

You can only attack down the lines. Battles are fought in a star system.
The winner takes the system. Each system provides some income to produce
more ships, with the 'Home Systems' producing most, and the center
system
producing least.

>Oh, I bought Full Thrust AND More Thrust at the same time.  I was
amazed at
>how easy the rules are.  I learned the game in about 2 minutes.
AMAZING!!!

>Also, just how powerful are the Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku?

DAMN powerful. Both will run rings round regular ships, and while your
shields may protect you from the Sa'Vasku (for a while), the Kra'Vak
will slice you to shreads.

>Later!

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: RE: HOTT (was Re: New FT Gamer)