Prev: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: Re: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....

Alien Armor

From: Timothy Klaus <tklaus@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 01:52:14 -0400
Subject: Alien Armor

The Kra'Vak are an unknown race, there for materials that they use for
armor may be of a metal or alloy that is beyound human technology. As
with any industrial civilisation new metals and alloys are developed. So
lets say that the humans find a metal and with their tech know how an
armor with a mass of 1 or 2 is developed. But an alien race finds the
same metal and their tech know how is higher they develope an alloy from
this metal to produce armor that has a mass of less than .1. It is the
same as here with us at the present time. The advances made with tank
armor just from the end of WW 2 to present.
 A little story. When I was in Nam in 1972 we had a flak jacket that
weight about 10 pounds. Today they use a flack jacket that weights only
2 pounds. The difference is that in 1972 there was no kevlar. Kevlar was
not introduced untill 1973 and then the only military use was by the
Isralies.
  So just trying to figure out what kind of armor and the mass of it by
almost any alien race with a higher level of technology and exotic
metals can be a real head ache.

Timothy Klaus

Prev: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: Re: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....