Prev: Re: Call for Players: New FT Game Starting in August/September Next: Re: Missing bits?

Re: DSII: More questions

From: <jphelps@a...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:19:12 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: More questions

>1) Is moving the only way to remove Under Fire Chits?	I couldn't find
>anywhere that said they were removed after 1 turn of a unit not being
>fired upon.

I think yes.  Because you take cover when you are under fire, and you
have to move to get up and get going again.

>2) Does a required retreat from a close assault count as the activation

>for the retreating unit?  How do you work dismounted infantry getting
>back into their vehicles to retreat?  Can an assaulting unit follow-up,

>even if the retreating unit is now out of the 6" range (mounting in
>vehicles & dashing off)?

No on the first part.  Good question on the second!  ;)   And I think
the
rulebook mentioned the followup part - yes, you can pursue, but I'm
pretty sure it limited how far you could pursue.

>3) Can Powered Armor elements be purchased as specialty teams (ie, a
>GMS/L PA element)?

I don't see why not.

>4) How do you work IAVRs firing at a vehicle with APFC & Reactive
armor?
>Reactive armor allows only Red chits & APFC allows only Yellow.

IAVR's are ineffective against such a defense (that's the way we
played).
 Alternatively, you could draw the chits anyway, hoping for specialty
chits.

>5) For clarification, do all specialty chits count against artillery
>targets?

Yes, they do - pretty sure that was mentioned in the rules (but in a
strange place, like an example or something.

Hope that helps!

John

**
John Phelps    ****    mailto: pbguru@cris.com or
jphelps@austin.apple.com
OIC, Gundi's Gang    -- Anything expressed above is strictly my opinion
--
MLofCbt#13: If your attack is succeeding, you are walking into an ambush

Prev: Re: Call for Players: New FT Game Starting in August/September Next: Re: Missing bits?