Prev: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons Next: ISP charges was Re: No more....

RE: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

From: timj@u...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:16:04 -0400
Subject: RE: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Aren't the Saurons some sort of black Super-men from a galactic war who
get trapped on a
planet with a bunch of primitive colonists? I seem to remember a dual
between bi-planes &
atmospheric fighters where the bi-plane 'shoots' down the fighter by
flying in the air
intake & coming out as a pink cloud.

I think its in a Series of books called 'WarWorld' or something very
similar, basically the
whole set up is contrived to allow lots & lots of blood-shed & weird
battles - Sauron Space
Marines vs. Apaches etc.

Didn't david Drake & Jerry Pournelle,have something to do with it? It
may have been one of
those collaboration things between Drake & Pournelle. I think it was set
in Pournelles
'Prince Of Sparta' universe which may not be the same as the Pournelle &
Niven 'Motie' one.
But contained Drakes level of violence.

	Tim

Prev: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons Next: ISP charges was Re: No more....