Prev: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons Next: Re: DSII: Artillery Ammo Question

Re: RE: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

From: Kevin_Walker@h...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:44:18 -0400
Subject: Re: RE: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

>>I have a friend that wants to create a Sauron army based on Jerry
>>Pournelle's (?) books like Mote in God's Eye.  What other books are
the
>>Sauron's in?	I've searched the internet for "Saurons" & only found 1
>>reference to them.  Does anyone have suggestions how to model their
>>forces in DSII & SGII?

>>Thanks,
>>Nils

> I can't remember any 'Saurons' in 'Mote in God's Eye'. In fact I
pretty
> sure that the Humans and Moties were the only two races (unless the
> Saurons is another name for the moties). There is a sequel, the Mote
> around Murchuson's Eye. (By Niven and Pournelle, as was the original)

The Saurons were the result of a specialized breeding program
that was an attempt at making a genetically advance human.  I
believe this was attempted on a planetary scale.  The never
appeared in the story directly, there were only refered to as
a historical note.

Kevin Walker	 (Kevin_Walker@hazmat.noaa.gov)
		 (KevinW4029@aol.com)

NOAA Hazmat	7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA  (206)526-6317

Prev: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons Next: Re: DSII: Artillery Ammo Question