Prev: RE: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Re: Location, Location, Location...

Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

From: "Stuart Ford" <epsilon1@p...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 01:04:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

----------
> From: Darryl Adams <root@vanguard.tig.com.au>

> Nooooo!!!!! Please keep it in Java so that Unix & OS/2 people can use
it
> (which I am both)
>
> What is JAVA Builder????

JAVA Builder is a full GUI based FT Ship and Base designer that I made
just
to test a conversion of my JavaScript SpaceDock from my old web page.
The
problem is, it needs to talk to a network server in order to store the
Ship
files.	That's why I was planning on Windows.  Builder was also going to
expand to track Campaign games.

If there is enough call, I will continue work on it also, but the
Windows
Version is my priority now.  If there are enough Unix people out there,
could always port it to X.

In the windows version, I'm going to add the ability to play PBEM games
directly from the program, it will send the mail messages and receive
them
from a POP3 mail server.  There will be a server side component to this
that will work with the JAVA version, to make all dice rolls and damage
allocation.

Please let the ideas flow, I'd like to hear more about any file
standards
you want for Ship Diagrams, as I will support a Binary file storage and
also a Text file for people just using the program to build ships and
stations/bases.

Hope those of you here in the States, and in the UK had a good holiday!
Stuart Ford

Prev: RE: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Re: Location, Location, Location...